OverOps, Inc. (“Overops”) recognizes that privacy is important when using the Web for communications. This policy explains how OverOps collects, stores, uses and shares Personal Data. This policy is addressed to individuals outside our organisation with whom we interact, including visitors to our websites and other users of our products and services (together, “you”). This policy covers our following websites: www.overops.com, Blog.overops.com, www.java-countdown.xyz, http://www.java9countdown.xyz, www.javadeathmatch.com, www.javais.cool, www.scalais.cool, and associated sub-domains (together, our “Site”).
Defined terms used in this Policy are explained in Section (18) below.
Contact details are provided in Section (17) below.
Collection of Personal Data: We may collect Personal Data about you, such as your name, address, and contact details. Examples of sources from which we may collect Personal Data include the following:
- We may obtain your Personal Data when you provide it to us (e.g., where you create an account with us, sign up on our blog list, contact us via email or telephone, or by any other means).
- We may collect your Personal Data in the ordinary course of our relationship with you (e.g., in the course of administering your OverOps account or in providing you our services).
- We may collect Personal Data that you manifestly choose to make public, including via our Site.
- We may receive your Personal Data from third parties who provide it to us (e.g., social media platforms via plugins).
- We may collect or obtain Personal Data when you visit our Site, or use any features or resources available on or through our Site. When you visit our Site, your device and browser will automatically disclose certain information, some of which may constitute Personal Data (see below).
Creation of Personal Data: We may also create Personal Data about you, such as records of your interactions using our Site, and details of your account history.
Categories of Personal Data: The categories of Personal Data about you that we may Process include:
- Personal details: first and last name; password; and account settings.
- Contact details: telephone number; email address; and address.
- Professional details: Company name; professional profile details; association memberships; and qualifications.
- Device details: device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, language settings, dates and times of connecting to our Site and other technical communications information.
- Payment details: billing address; bank account number or credit card number; cardholder or accountholder name; card or account security details; card ‘valid from’ date; card expiry date. OverOps uses a third party payment Processor for the Processing of payment details subject to the requirements described in Section (4).
- Application Data: when you use the OverOps software product, it collects data about the errors and exceptions in your application, system data (such as version data, names of plug-ins, etc.) about the environment in which your application is operating, data about transactions in your application, stack traces and source code snippets, variable data, and other similar data related to your application. Personal data contained in the Application Data is not collected by the OverOps software product by default. Users have the option of changing the configuration of OverOps's products so that personal data in the Application Data is processed. You also have the option of disabling or enabling collection of certain types of Application Data collected through our product, which you may exercise by following the instructions in the user manual for the applicable product.
- Usage details: records of your use of our Site and other services, including: registration details; details of content with which you interact; questions; downloads; ratings; feedback; search queries; anonymous viewings; page views; metadata related to product usage.
- Views, opinions and interests: any comments, ratings, views or opinions that you choose to send to us, post via our Site, via a survey, or publicly post via social media platforms; your community interests and solution interests. When you post comments on our blog, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it. We also may wish to post your testimonials, which may contain personally identifiable information, on our website or through social media. In such a scenario, we will obtain your consent via email prior to posting your testimonial along with your name. If you want your testimonial removed, please contact us at email@example.com.
Lawful basis for Processing Personal Data: In Processing your Personal Data in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy, we may rely on one or more of the following legal bases, depending on the circumstances:
- we have obtained your prior express consent to the Processing (this legal basis is only used in relation to Processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way);
- the Processing is necessary in connection with any contract that you may enter into with us;
- the Processing is required by applicable law;
- the Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual; or
- we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the Processing for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms.
Processing your Sensitive Personal Data: We do not seek to collect or otherwise Process your Sensitive Personal Data, except where:
- the Processing is required or permitted by applicable law (e.g., to comply with our diversity reporting obligations);
- the Processing is necessary for the detection or prevention of crime (including the prevention of fraud);
- the Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights; or
- we have, in accordance with applicable law, obtained your prior explicit consent prior to Processing your Sensitive Personal Data (as above, this legal basis is only used in relation to Processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way).
Purposes for which we may Process your Personal Data: The purposes for which we may Process Personal Data, subject to applicable law, include:
- Our Site: operating and managing our Site; providing content to you; displaying advertising and other information to you; and communicating and interacting with you via our Site. - Provision of services to you: providing our Site and products and services to you; communicating with you in relation to those services; recommending content that may be of interest to you. - Marketing communications: communicating with you via email, telephone, text message, social media, post or in person news, products and services items and other information in which you may be interested. - Communications and IT operations: management of our communications systems; operation of IT security; and IT security audits. - Safety: safety assessments and record keeping; and compliance with related legal obligations. - Financial management: sales; finance; corporate audit; and vendor management. - Surveys: engaging with you for the purposes of obtaining your views on our Site or our services. - Improving our Site and our services: identifying issues with existing Site and our services; planning improvements to existing Site and our services; creating new Site and our services.
We may disclose your Personal Data to OverOps’ subsidiary for legitimate business purposes (including providing services to you and operating our Site), in accordance with applicable law. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Data to:
- legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation;
- accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors to OverOps, subject to obligations of confidentiality;
- third party Processors (such as IT service providers; payment processors; marketing service providers; social media plugin providers; etc.), located anywhere in the world, subject to the requirements noted below in this Section (4);
- any relevant party, law enforcement agency or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights;
- any relevant party for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including the safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security;
- any relevant third party acquirer(s), in the event that we sell or transfer all or any relevant portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation); and
- our Site may use third party plugins or content (e.g., social media plugins). If you choose to interact with any such plugins or content, your Personal Data may be collected by the third party provider of the relevant social media platform.
If we engage a third-party Processor to Process your Personal Data, the Processor will be subject to binding contractual obligations to: (i) only Process the Personal Data in accordance with our prior written instructions; and (ii) use measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data; together with any additional requirements under applicable law.
We may create anonymous data records from Personal Data by excluding Personal Data (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our products and services and improve site navigation. OverOps reserves the right to use for other purposes and to disclose anonymous data to third parties at its discretion.
We also use navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URL) to gather information regarding the date and time of your visit and the solutions and information for which you searched and which you viewed. Like most Internet services, we automatically gather this Personal Data and store it in log files each time you visit our website or access your account on our network.
Because of the international nature of our business, we may need to transfer your Personal Data to OverOps’ subsidiaries, and to third parties as noted in Section (4) above, subject to binding contractual obligations, solely in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy. For this reason, we may transfer your Personal Data to other countries that may have different laws and data protection compliance requirements to those that apply in the country in which you are located.
OverOps does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Note that some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, certain sites and browsers enable you to set the DNT signal so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure, and other unlawful or unauthorised forms of Processing, in accordance with applicable law.
You are responsible for the ensuring that any Personal Data that you send to us are sent securely.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that:
- your Personal Data that we Process is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; and - any of your Personal Data that we Process that is inaccurate (having regard to the purposes for which they are Processed) are erased or rectified promptly.
From time to time we may ask you to confirm the accuracy of your Personal Data.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data that we Process is limited to the Personal Data reasonably required in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy.
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary to fulfill our legitimate purposes, including for the purposes of providing our products and services to you and satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. The criteria that we use to determine retention periods will be determined by the nature of the data and the purposes for which it is kept and the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure.
Subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights regarding the Processing of your Personal Data, including:
- the right to request access to, or copies of, your Personal Data that we Process or control;
- the right to request rectification of any inaccuracies in your Personal Data that we Process or control;
- the right to request, on legitimate grounds:
- erasure of your Personal Data that we Process or control; or - restriction of Processing of your Personal Data that we Process or control; - the right to object, on legitimate grounds, to the Processing of your Personal Data by us or on our behalf;
- the right to have your Personal Data that we Process or control transferred to another Controller, to the extent applicable;
- where we Process your Personal Data on the basis of your express consent, the right to withdraw that consent; and
- the right to lodge complaints with a Data Protection Authority regarding the Processing of your Personal Data by us or on our behalf.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
To exercise one or more of these rights, or to ask a question about these rights or any other provision of this Policy, or about our Processing of your Personal Data, please use the contact details provided in Section (17) below.
Our Site is not directed toward minors and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. Minors under the age of eighteen years old are not eligible to use our Site and we therefore ask that minors do not submit any Personal Data to us, or use any of the services provided on, through or via our Site. If you are a parent and are aware that your minor has provided us Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All use of our Site is subject to our Terms of Service.
If you have any comments, questions or concerns about any of the information in this Policy, or any other issues relating to the Processing of Personal Data by OverOps, please contact:
OverOps, Inc. 1 Montgomery St., Suite 450, San Francisco, CA 94104
Phone: +1 415-767-1250
- ‘Controller’ means the entity that decides how and why Personal Data is Processed. In many jurisdictions, the Controller has primary responsibility for complying with applicable data protection laws.
- ‘Data Protection Authority’ means an independent public authority that is legally tasked with overseeing compliance with applicable data protection laws.
- ‘Personal Data’ means information that is about any individual, or from which any individual is identifiable. Examples of Personal Data that we may Process are provided in Section (3).
- ‘Process’, ‘Processing’ or ‘Processed’ means anything that is done with any Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- ‘Processor’ means any person or entity that Processes Personal Data on behalf of the Controller (other than employees of the Controller).
- ‘Sensitive Personal Data’ means Personal Data about race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, any actual or alleged criminal offences or penalties, national identification number, or any other information that may be deemed to be sensitive under applicable law.
Send this to a friend